Monday, November 17, 2008

Glowing Love inside

Scared and nervous, I pack my bag

I leave knowing I will be back

I will be different, somehow changed.

Ever wondering what I should ask.

I walk to the fire, and feel the peace

crawling inside, I sense the release.

As the door closes, my mind starts to race

I think I am losing, the task I can't face.

But with the dark, comes a peace

A warm glowing place I can see.

People are talking, they really care.

I suddenly wonder why I am there.

Then I open my eyes, I see... I see!

There are others in this place with me.

Colorful people, whites, golds and yellow

Is it just me? Can they all see the glow?

I blink and think my eyes must be wrong

you can't see in the dark,

But I can, I can see them moving

all around the house made from love.

It gets harder each time we close another door

I am scared and press my face to the floor.

My heart is racing, when will it end?!

I give in, and suddenly my joy can expand.

As I go out, its a leap not a crawl

I stand and I fell as though I may fall.

I look to my left and see the shining eyes,

Of the people I was one with on the inside.

2 comments:

The Beagley's said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!! I love you my soul sister!! :)

TheTalley said...

Very beautiful, Laura. You've captured the essence of the ceremony... Rachel and Chris